Where: Healthy Nevada Innovation Center, Nevada, Missouri
What: Grantsmanship Training Program® This week-long training is a great combination of knowledge exchange/immediate application of:
- learning to use the Program Planning & Proposal Writing checklist/template;
- writing a grant proposal with a small team of other people;
- presenting your team proposal for a positive critique by the trainer/class mates;
- participating in a review team for one of the other proposals.
Deadline: If there is enough interest to justify a class of 28 participants, Healthy Nevada will contract with The Grantsmanship Center to provide this training and contact you with additional background information to help you to decide to attend this unique grant proposal writing training.
Please indicate your interest in learning more about this grantsmanship training opportunity by emailing John Gulick (firstname.lastname@example.org) before Dec. 1st:
- Very Interested. Please make sure I get information if decision is made to proceed with this training.
- Would like more information to determine my interest level.
- Not sure I can attend but will share this information with other groups I network with.
- Not interested. Please don’t contact me again about this training.
- Databases: Access Grant Domain, The Grantsmanship Center’s database of foundation, corporate & government funders - a $495 value.
- Proposal Review: Your trainer will suggest how to improve a draft proposal before you submit it to a funder- such a pre-submittal review can greatly increase your opportunities for grant success.
- Discounts of up to 50% on other workshops presented by The Grantsmanship Center.
- Networking: Opportunity to continue connecting with your training colleagues from other communities.
There are many opportunities to attend grant trainings. Healthy Nevada is considering partnering with The Grantsmanship Center for the following reasons:
- Proven Reputation: They are the most established grant proposal writing training programs with a 40 year track record.
- Proven local success: 4 Nevada community leaders attended a Grantsmanship Training Program in March, 2013. Since that time all four participants have written proposals with a total of $64,000 already approved, and $93,000 submitted and under consideration.
- The proposal our Nevada team worked on during the training – Tiny Tigers daycare for Nevada R-V High School - has since been approved for a $14,000USDA Rural Development grant and the program is operational thanks to Michelle Branham’s grant proposal writing and leadership.
- Mandi Jordan led the grant proposal writing team at Nevada Regional Medical Center in submitting a $50,000 MO Hospital Association grant that has been approved.
- For a detailed description of the training curriculum, visit http://www.tgci.com/brochures/gtp/SU08GTP.pdf
So what is the anticipated cost of this training?
- Tuition cost for Grantsmanship Training Program ® - $895
- Anticipated lodging expense - 5 nights (Sunday – Thursday) $430 (special rate for attendees)
- Meal budget for 5 days $200
(Multiple attendees from same agency receive a $50 reduction on tuition to $845).
Why attend the Nevada, MO training vs. other options?
- Because we are a smaller community (9,000 people) we anticipate that our lodging/meal expenses will be 20% less than in larger communities.
- We are actively promoting this as a drive-to regional training - we will be happy to help connect you with other potential attendees interested in car-pooling as a way to reduce travel expense.
- The local host is Healthy Nevada - the pilot site for Cerner Corporation Health Communities. Cerner has invested over $750,000 in the meeting facility we will be using for the training (opened June 2013). Learn more about this pilot project while on-site.